DIY E Juice: The Vaper's Guide to Saving Money
Though it likely will never cost an ex-pack-a-day smoker as much to vape, the price of e liquid can be pretty steep. After vaping for a while, many people consider the benefits of making their own do-it-yourself e juice. This will cut costs drastically and is much easier than you might think!
Do-It-Yourself E Liquid
How much are you paying for a 30ml of your favorite premium juice? More than $15? Over $20? Stop doing that! Here’s how you can easily start making do-it-yourself e liquid.
- 500ml Liquid Nicotine
- 1 Liter Vegetable Glycerine
- Propylene Glycol (optional)
- 30ml Bottles
- Step 1: Find out how diluted your nicotine concentrate solution is. You will use this to determine how much nicotine to use. Many people use 100 mg/ml concentrates for ease of math.
- Step 2: Figure out how strong you want your finished product to be. Common finished juice levels are 3mg/ml, 6mg/ml, and 12 mg/ml. A 3mg/ml juice is 3% nicotine. To produce this, use .9 ml of a 100 mg/ml concentrate in a 30 ml bottle. If you desire other nicotine levels, adjust accordingly.
- Step 3: Add flavor! For different brands and different flavors, you’ll find you need to use more of one and less of another. The typical amount needed though is roughly 15% to 20% of your mix.
- Step 4: Fill with either vegetable glycerin (VG) or a mixture of VG and propylene glycol (PG). VG is more viscous and softer on the throat while PG holds flavor a little better but is quite harsh. A recent trend in vaping is either forgoing the PG altogether or reducing the amount used significantly.
You’re done! Don’t forget to shake your first do-it-yourself e liquid before vaping. The best part about all of this is you can make literally hundreds of bottles from an initial cost of only three 30ml juices you would buy at a shop. Have fun!